Employers play a critical role in exploring new public-private approaches to closing the skills gap. The Madison region now has a unique opportunity to strengthen the relationship between our business community, our education community and our future workforce. But, we need your help to ensure the initiative is successful.
Inspire Madison Region can help you improve your company’s local talent pipeline by connecting with students (6th grade through college), their parents and educators to inform them about your company’s and industry’s needs as well as work-based learning opportunities that you may offer.
Enroll your company today to create a free employer profile that will reach your future talent!
If your company, organization or program doesn’t already have a profile, start here:
Register Now as a Company!
If your company already has a profile, or you’d like to register independently (apart from a company) as a career coach, start here:
Register Now as a Career Coach!
Inspire Madison Region brings together employers, online career coaches, community organizations and schools with a shared goal of helping people reach their goals and improving the workforce pipeline in Dane, Columbia, Dodge, Green, Iowa, Jefferson and Sauk Counties. Employers are absolutely vital to developing a robust talent pipeline in this region through participation in and the development of work-based learning programs, career mentorship and partnerships with schools. Inspire Madison Region provides a venue and a framework for employer relationships with secondary and post-secondary educational institutions across the region.
Make a lasting Impact!
Inspire Madison Region partners have developed robust metrics for our first year of community engagement from April 1st, 2015 to April 1st, 2016. We plan to recruit:
- 150 Greater Madison Region employers
- 500 Career Coach Mentors
- 500 Experiential Learning Activities
Employers who take part can also offer work-based learning through the Inspire Madison Region platform. We hope to have 1000 work-based learning opportunities available through employer engagement. Inspire Madison Region serves as a central hub for those opportunities where students and educators can find and apply for work-based learning.
Inspire Madison Region leverages powerful career-readiness and talent supply chain software that brings together in one place all organizations involved in career-readiness development, providing the following benefits for companies and volunteers:
- Increase your business’ visibility and highlight your community involvement
- Promote careers that are available in the Madison Region and help students realize that there are many opportunities in your community
- Nurture your future workforce by connecting with them early in their career development
- Bridge the skills gap of students coming out of high school by communicating what the real world needs
- Help build Wisconsin into a workforce-strong and economically vibrant state
- Positively affect and directly address the region’s drop-out, graduation and unemployment rates
Online Career Coaches:
- Bridge the skills gap by answering student
questions about careers
- Help the next generation determine the right
career and academic pathway for their future
- Spend an hour or less per month – a small
- Promote your career field to future talent
- Give back to your community from your
computer or smartphone – simply connect
from your job site or desk!
Participation is free and is easily tailored to your level of involvement and schedule.
For more information, including helpful step-by-step technical support documents, visit here.