Inspire Madison Region is all about making connections. Those connections are continuing to grow over the summer months as new employers and career coaches join the network of schools, employers and community-based organizations.
By creating a company profile, serving as an online career coach and/or offering experiential learning activities to students, educators and job seekers in our region, employers from the Madison Region can improve the local understanding of the labor market and explain the steps needed to pursue careers in many industries. Inspire also gives employers the ability to positively impact the local talent pipeline.
With the help of our education, business and community-based organization partners, we’ve made great progress over the last year building Inspire in Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Green, Iowa, Jefferson and Sauk Counties. Below are some current stats that highlight important metrics on the Inspire Madison Region initiative. We now have:
- 510 Career-based Learning Activities (CBLEs) offered to students, educators and job seekers
- 130 Online Career Coaches answering questions from Inspire users
- 117 Employers with profiles highlighting their business
- 14 active districts with a total of 34 active school sites: Madison Metropolitan School District, McFarland School District, Deerfield School District, Mt. Horeb School District, Cambridge School District, Baraboo School District, River Valley High School, Highland High School, Monroe School District, Beaver Dam School District, Columbus School District, Madison College, Dane County Job Center, Jefferson County Job Center. Middleton, Portage, Sun Prairie, Johnson Creek, and others getting ready to join as well.
- 22,976 active student portfolios in the seven county region and nearly 1000 educators with active accounts to get access to Inspire.
Industry Highlights – Number of employers with profiles in the top eight focus industries in our region:
- Advanced manufacturing = 45 employers
- Healthcare = 35 employers
- Life Sciences = 40 employers
- IT = 48 employers
- Construction = 41 employers
- Agriculture = 33 employers
- Finance = 33 employers
- Real Estate = 5 employers (Attention: Real Estate companies 🙂
Interactions through Inspire to date:
- Career Coach Message Boards: 159 interactions between September 2015 and May 6th, 2016
- Career-based Learning Activities: At least 50 experiential learning activities completed between September 2015 and May 6th, 2016
In April 2016, Madison Region Economic Partnership (MadREP) assumed leadership of Inspire Madison Region bringing with it new opportunities for partnerships to develop between post-secondary institutions, school districts, employers, government agencies and community-based organizations.
Inspire’s geography is also growing. Grant, Lafayette, Crawford and Richland Counties are joining through the leadership at Prosperity Southwest Wisconsin. That will make Inspire Madison Region an 11 county implementation, one of the largest Inspire networks in the nation!
There is still a lot to accomplish to take Inspire to the next level. In the coming months, many more school districts from across the region will be joining the initiative – giving your company a further reach to your future workforce.
Here’s a link to ways that you can increase the value that you and/or your business receive from participating: https://inspiremadisonregion.org/threewaystoincreasevalue/
Remember, to login to your Inspire profile, go to : http://careercruising.com/partner
If you’d like to recruit career coaches from within your organization, please have them register at: Register Now as a Career Coach!
Thank you again for your participation in this important initiative!