It’s important to connect what you learn in school with your potential career interests. It’s also important to understand the types of jobs that are available and will become available in your community. Starting in the fall of 2015, students in participating Greater Madison Region schools will have access to the Inspire Madison Region features as you create your individualized learning plan in your Career Cruising account assigned at school. Those features include:
- Employer profiles that describe local companies that hire people for the careers you are interested in
- Online career coaches who will answer your career-related questions
- Real-world experiences – find and request local real-world experiences offered by local employers and community organizations. Real-world experiences like job-shadowing and internships are an important step to take in understanding where you’d like to go in your career – and what steps you need to take with your education.
Have you ever wondered:
- What is it like working at a particular job?
- What do I need to do to get into a career I like?
- What classes do I need to take?
Have you ever wanted to:
- Learn more about a career?
- Get help/guidance in finding a career that you’re interested in?
- Find a summer job with an employer that you’d like to work for?
- Start planning for your future?
If you’ve ever asked yourself any of these questions or want to get help in your career planning, then Inspire Madison Region can help:
- Do you have access to CareerCruising.com? To access your account, click HERE. (If you don’t have access – please contact your school counselor or principal)
- If your school does not have access, please have your school counselor or principal contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t know where to start after logging in? Download this Student Quick-Start Guide. (Adobe Pdf Reader required )